Highest Paid American Idol Contestants
Since we just finished season 10 of the nations most watched and favorite T.V. show, and already auditioning for season 11, I thought this would be a good time to take a look at how much money these overnight stars are making.
Forbes has released it's annual ranking of the top earning American Idol alums and it comes as no surprise that Carrie Underwood tops the list.
She surpassed Kelly Clarkson who was last years top earner. Her $20 million takes up 40 percent of the entire list.
The big surprise this year was Adam Lambert who was a runner up on the show a couple of season ago. He's tied with Chris Daughtry for second place with an impressive $6 million.
Fantasia Barrino is all the way up to number three with $4 million thanks to her reality show "Fantasia For Real", and her comback album "Back To Me", which is her highest charting album to date.
Of the 12 Idols on the Forbes list, seven of them are women. This is interesting, considering no female contestant has won "American Idol" since Jordan Sparks won it in season 6.
So will this latest group of Idol finalists (Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, and Pia Toscano be on that list next year?
Here's the complete list.
1. Carrie Underwood: $20 million
2. Daughtry: $6 million (Tie), Adam Lambert: $6 million
3. Fantasia Barrino: $4 million
4. Jordin Sparks: $3 million
5. Kelly Clarkson: $2.5 million (She was in first place last year)
6. Jennifer Judson: $2 million
7. Kellie Pickler: $1.8 million
8. Clay Aiken: $1.5 million
9. Katharine McPhee: $1 million (Tie), David Archuleta & David Cook
Near misses: Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze, Crystal Bowersox, and Ruben Studdard